CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Day

Good smells, Lots of family, Love, Giving thanks, Snow, Tons of games, Great food, Turkey day run, Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade. All of theses things remind me of Thanksgiving, And our Family Traditions it never fails every Thanksgiving the same routine, I wake up in the morning my dad is up watching the news drinking his coffee & eating a fresh slice of my moms famous pumpkin roll when he looks up and says "Happy Thanksgiving Jo." My mom is busy in the kitchen getting the turkey started she comes in sees me awake and says "Good morning sweetie Happy Thanksgiving" and kisses me on the cheek. I walk over to the couch where my brother and sister are sitting and they lift up the blanket for me to cuddle in, now even though my sister is 20, my brother is 19, and I am 18 we still do this.....But its nice that we can. After sitting on the couch for a while my dad finally yells "Turkey Day Runners!!" We jump off the couch and my mom comes running in to see the first ones of this new Thanksgiving morning. Now if you don't know what a Turkey Day Runner is just Imagine people running Sleet or Snow in red costumes to celebrate the coming of Christmas, And to win a Turkey of course. After a few hoots and hollers out the door to cheer them on
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Starts we all nestle back down into our seats to watch something that seems to be a big part of this American Holiday.
That's not even half the day but it is one of my favorite parts. Possibly the favorite part of my day. You may be wondering how its my favorite part of Thanksgiving if we do it every year. And my answer to that is Because I love it! I love being with my family and I love the mood this holiday brings around. Thanksgiving / Christmas will always be my favorite times of the year Snow or no Snow.
I AM A WINTER GIRL

No comments: